Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rite of Passage

2 weeks ago, I began to develop flu-like symptoms. 2 days later, to my horror, I discovered red spots all over my body. I had chickenpox. For the next 2 weeks, I was in isolation. I was in a very nice guest cabin, with 4 big windows overlooking the harbour. I spent a lot of time with God, reading the Bible, praying, listening to sermons. It was a sweet time of fellowship. I also enjoyed watching the cargo ships coming in and out of the port, and did some sudoku. It was an unexpected but much needed 2 weeks of spiritual revival, my one and only Polka Dot Spiritual Retreat.

1 comment:

Tyrone said...

WOW, I thought most people got chicken pox as kids...must have been interesting for you, but I too would have enjoyed the great cabin for two weeks! Rest up, and enjoy your time ...