Saturday, January 05, 2008

Mission, Baking, Liberia, Ship

I'll be going on a mission trip, baking on a floating hospital in Liberia!

Mercy Ships is a Christian medical charity that runs the world's largest civilian hospital ship and offers free medical operations to people in 3rd world countries. They'll be in Liberia, West Africa, in 2008, following the example of Jesus in bringing hope and healing to the forgotten poor. I will be serving as the baker on board, baking bread and making desserts for the crew of almost 500.

I am extremely excited about this opportunity. I feel clearly this is the direction God is leading me. I am privileged to be able to use my passion and skills to serve others and to glorify God.

Please keep me in your prayers. Please pray that I will continue to strengthen my faith and trust in God, that I will obey Him and continue to do His will. Please also pray for my health and safety while travelling and in Africa.

I am amazed at what God has done in my life in the past year, and I am excited to see what He has in store for me this year as I serve in Africa.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Eddie!
The 0T1 gang is thinking of you, and hoping you enjoy your mission. Stay safe out there, and we look forward to reading all about your time in Africa.