Saturday, February 20, 2010

I survived my first week of work!

A few expressions came to mind when trying to describe my first week at work

  • being thrown in the deep end (I guess I threw myself there)
  • humbling
  • eye-opening
  • playing with the big boys
  • incredible learning opportunity
In the bakery, there is the master baker/owner, a master pastry chef, 2 bakers, and yours truly. This is the most professional and highly-skilled team I have ever had the priviledge to work with. They are fast, efficient, and proficient in everything they do. They hardly talk, but know exactly what each other is doing, and will jump in to help when necessary. I thought I work pretty fast, but these guys put me to shame. Their speed, accuracy, and teamwork is beautiful to watch. Most of all, they don't look one bit stressed.

I feel like I went from playing ice hockey with my buddies on Saturday at the community centre to playing at the NHL. This year will be a lot of hard work, but it will also be a rich learning experience. Thank you God for working out all the details and making this wonderful opportunity a reality.

BTW, I must have rolled and shaped over 1,000 pretzels this week!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! Good for you for keeping up! It sounds like this is going to be right up your alley. Best of luck, and hope you're able to soak it all in, and enjoy it. It's interesting how these things work out, huh? I'm really happy that it all worked out for you. Take care!!

Tim, Sharon & Nathanael Tretheway said...

Great to see how everything has worked out for you in Germany...happy baking
The Tretheway's