Thursday, February 11, 2010

When East is North

Today, I left Munich, travelled almost 400km to the north, and arrived at the former East German city of Erfurt. However, before I talk anymore about Erfurt, here are some pictoral recap of my past few days in Germany.



OK, this was still in Canada, a little get-together with my engineering school friends. Question: How many engineers does it take to split the dinner bill? Answer: Who cares. I love these guys. I was so glad to see them again before leaving for Germany. But still, this is a funny picture.


A little Mercy Ships reunion in Munich. It was so nice to see familiar faces on my first day in Germany.



German Museum in Munich. I was blown away by the high quality exhibits there, from 4th century water mill to 21th century paper mill, the models were exceptionally well done.


I visited the BMW factory and saw how they turned a roll of sheet metal into a $70,000 sport car. It was amazing to see all those robots in action. As you can tell, Munich really appealed to the engineering side of me.




I had a quick stop in Nürnberg today, on my way to Erfurt. It's a really pretty city about 1.5 hours north of Munich, and about 45 minutes southwest from my village. Since this is the closest city to me, I will be coming here fairly often. I look forward to exploring more of Nürnberg. That golden structure is a water fountain built in the 1300s. Why don't we have water fountains like that in North America?

No comments: